If you’re giving to UCB via text giving, thank you!
By texting TEAMUCB to 70500, you’re donating £10 to UCB’s UK work. 100% of your donation comes to UCB and you will also be given an opportunity to add Gift Aid (if applicable) to your donation. You will also be able to opt out from receiving any further communications from UCB.
Please check with the bill payer, before donating. If you have any problems with the UCB text service, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Text Messaging (SMS)
We love to get texts from our listeners, but before you text us here are a few things to be aware of:
Texting UCB to 80010
If you have an unlimited text bundle on your phone contract, check with your supplier in advance to see if this number is included in your free allowance. If it isn't, you will be charged one standard network charge each time you send a text to this number.
Texting to 70500
Text LISTEN to 70500 to give £10
UCB will receive 100% of your donation. You will be charged for one standard text message plus your donation. Always get the bill payer's permission. If you want to receive updates from us about the campaign, add the word INFO (e.g. LISTEN INFO) when texting your donation.
If you have difficulties with this text service, please ring the VIR2 text helpline on 033 066 00425.
UCB is a member of Phone Pay Plus (PPP) and is governed by its regulations.
All contact details are available on our contact page. In accordance with Ofcom regulation, UCB wishes to state that calls to non-geographic phone numbers are charged as follows:
UCB Prayerline – 0845 456 7729
Calls cost 3p per minute + your phone company’s access charge
UCB Forces Prayerline – 0845 263 7223
Calls cost 1p per minute + your phone company’s access charge
UCB Prayerline (alternative) - 0845 330 5098
Calls cost 1p per minute + your phone company’s access charge
UCB General Enquiries – 0845 60 40 401
Calls cost 5p per minute + your phone company’s access charge
Turn On UCB 2 Appeal Line – 08456 300 111
Calls cost 3p per minute + your phone company’s access charge
Please be assured that UCB does not profit from calls to any of these numbers.
More information about phone call charges is available at ukcalling.info.
On a daily basis, we run various competitions across our TV, radio and social media platforms which includes www.ucb.co.uk – the entry requirements and methods of selecting a winner may differ from competition to competition, but these will be made clear in the competition instructions.
All winners are picked either on the basis of the merit of their answer or by a random selection tool. Winners cannot win a prize from UCB more than once every month or be entered into the same monthly or weekly draw more than once and must be eligible according to all the rules as set out below.
We often have lots of great prizes to give away. Here are the main points you need to be aware of:
- No cash (or other) alternative for prizes
- Must be resident in the UK
- Only one entry allowed per household
- Must be over 18
- Not open to employees/volunteers of UCB or their families.
The following points also apply:
- The following rules govern all competitions conducted by UCB. They will be deemed incorporated in each competition, except to the extent there are any instructions specific to the particular competition, in which case the latter will prevail.
- By participating in the competition, entrants hereby agree to be bound by these rules, as amended from time to time, and by any specific competition instructions. Entrants acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or any opportunity for challenge provided.
- Entrants may only win one prize in a monthly period. If an entrant wins twice in a monthly cycle, a second winner will be selected.
Competitions are organised by United Christian Broadcasters Limited, registered company 2182533 of Hanchurch Christian Centre, Hanchurch Lane, Stoke on Trent, ST4 8RY.
You can contact us in relation to this and any other competitions at the above address or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition is only open to UK residents.
- All competitions are open to entrants aged 18 or over unless any other age restriction is specified or implied. Where entrants are required to enter in one of several age categories, the applicable category shall be that appropriate to their age on the closing date of the competition. [An entrant should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from his/her parent or guardian and provide evidence of this permission to UCB's satisfaction].
- Employees,volunteers, contractors of UCB, or any person directly or indirectly concerned in the organisation of the competition or determination of the winner may not enter this competition, nor may any direct family members of the above.
- UCB reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, UCB in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected using the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted in accordance with the competition instructions by no later than midnight (GMT or BST) on the closing date.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- UCB accept no responsibility or liability for entries that are not received, lost or delayed in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
- Unless otherwise stated, UCB accepts no responsibility for the return of entries, photographs or other materials submitted as part of a competition or for loss or damage to such items. Where UCB offers to return entries, the entrant must provide a suitable self-addressed envelope together with the appropriate postage. Under no circumstances does UCB accept responsibility for the safe return of any material or its return in an undamaged condition or any liability for loss of or damage to such material.
- Except where it is expressly stated, all competition entries will be examined and the prize or prizes will be awarded to the entry/ entries UCB consider to be the best or on the basis of some other fair mechanism. Otherwise, the winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the competition closes from the total entries submitted. Other prizes will be awarded in accordance with the order of priority stated in the rules of the particular competition. UCBs decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be selected fairly and at random and will be notified in the manner and within the time specified in the competition instructions. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the instructions may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Where necessary, in order to determine an outright winner or winners to a competition, UCB reserve the right to request entrants to take part in an eliminating contest or tie breaker. Where for any reason there are more winners than prizes on offer, UCB reserve the right to conduct a simple draw to determine the winner or winners of the prizes.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative to prizes will be offered.
- If the winner of a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or in the event that time is of the essence and a winner cannot be contacted by UCB within a reasonable period, UCB reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- For the avoidance of doubt, where a prize remains unclaimed for more than 30 days after the announcement of the winner of the competition, it shall be deemed to have been forfeited and UCB reserves the right to offer the prize to the entrant whose name is next drawn at random.
Publicity and Data Protection
Winners will be asked to cooperate with UCB's reasonable requests and directions to publicise their win as UCB deem appropriate should they be required to participate in promotional activities.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK Data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party save where permitted by such legislation, for example with the individual's prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained for a reasonable period after the competition closes in order to assist UCB to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the competition.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- UCB reserves the right to re-publish all entries, photographs and other material submitted as part of the competition (“the Work”). In submitting such material, you irrevocably grant UCB the right to publish the Work and/or any part of it in whole or in part without your permission or payment for such use.
- Save as aforesaid, UCB does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership of your entry. You therefore also have the right to use your entry in any way you choose, provided it does not fetter the above right of UCB.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally waive such moral rights as may be required to give effect to the above and to which you may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time, and under all similar legislation from time to time in force throughout the world, in and in respect of the Work. You declare that this waiver shall be for the benefit of you, your assignees, your licensees and your successors.
- UCB does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any entry. UCB may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory, etc., or for any other reason.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, UCB reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- UCB will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. UCB excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize. In the event of any error, whether printing, technological or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, UCB reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred.
- UCB may cancel or amend any competition, competition information or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice in the event of circumstances beyond our control such as but not limited to the following; a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of UCBs reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these Terms and Conditions
- These rules are governed by the Laws of England and Wales and any disputes arising under or in connection with these rules or the competition will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Refunds will be given at the discretion of United Christian Broadcasters. Please contact us directly regarding refunds for one-off cash donations.
The term 'Undiscovered' is a tricky term to define. But for UCB it means that you, as an artist are not signed to or represented by a major music label (i.e. a label which has its own distribution channel). We do accept submissions from artists who are signed to independent labels, but we ask that you tell us when submitting your music. By submitting your music, you also agree to possibly having your music reviewed by one of our affiliates.
The rules for Undiscovered competitions vary from the guidelines laid out above. In order to create a level playing field for all artists, for competitions, we do not accept submissions from artists who are represented by or who are receiving (paid or unpaid) promotion from a music label/promoter/promotions company. This ensures that public voting is not manipulated in any way and that all artists have a fair chance of gaining public support.